This 2012 edition shows you how shoppers have changed, how retail is being transformed and what you need to do to move on to succeed.
After 4 years of economic, social, political and technological turmoil American shoppers are moving on...
They have learned how to cope, how to take control. They are using all the tools at hand (from your discounts to their smartphones). They are moving on... albeit slowly.
They are clear about what’s worth it to them. They know which categories and stores they must have; which categories and stores they can do without. Many now shop differently...and, yes, often buy less.
In this, the 13th edition of our biennial How America Shop MegaTrends study, the new shopping order is clear - at the least for the next 5 years.
- The store as we have known it for the last half a century is being redefined.
- Digital tools to access the Internet are dramatically changing the path to purchase.
- Social connectivity has put the shopper in charge more now than ever before.
- "Value" is the beginning and the end of the shopper conversion - it is universal and transcends gender, age and income.
- And one more thing...the middle class is no longer. It's now all about the affluent and everyone else.