This report debunks several myths surrounding the decline in Walmart's US sales, and gives you an action plan for a post-Walmart world.
- Myth #1. Walmart's core shopper is gone. Not so. The core shopper is still there, but its not enough.
- Myth #2. The core Walmart shopper drives the company's sales. Unlikely. They don't have enough money to spend to pull Walmart out of its hole.
- Myth #3. Walmart shoppers are now in Dollar Stores. Don't blame it all on Dollar stores. Every channel is doing its part.
- Myth #4. Walmart stands for EDLP. Not anymore. Everyone shouted low price during the recession, and shoppers listened.
- Myth #5. The "nicer shopping experience" has damaged Walmart. Not exactly. Shoppers give the new experience good reviews.
- Myth #6. Walmart shoppers have less to spend. Yes. And the affluent shoppers who once shopped there didn't have enough reason to stay.